Greeting on this beautiful sunny April day, …at least here in Salem, OR that is and hoping it may be for you also. I’ve been feeling that this needs to be my style of the “roll call” or “Check- In” time with everyone that I have a number, email, or message access for.
It has been quite a different season of time for all of this year, has it not! And, actually that is the exact reason I have sent this text or email message to you since we have not been together as usual. I also chose this method to allow you to read at your timing and even respond back or call if you choose to.
In reality Kathy and I are simply saying we miss you and wondering if you are okay and is there anything we can do from our “social distancing” via internet? Yeah, maybe I am a little sarcastic there, but a bit of humor is a great source of healthy healing also; as a pun can sometimes be.
We want to let you know we care and to make sure we are still available even if it has to be by phone or internet. So, we are “checking in with you today, right here and now just to say Hi. However, if you want Kathy or me to call in person just let us know a good time and number. Or call us!
Bob’s cell: (My cell is available 24-7) You have Kathy’s and my cell phone number on our business card & other places.
Our email: BobNKathy.MRO@gmail.com
Our Website: BeyondCheckeredFlags.com
Unless you choose to go further with this email, Kathy and I send our blessings, love and hugs to each and every one of you praying you stay healthy and be abundantly at peace in your life,
Bob & Kathy Butcher,
Motor Racing Outreach
Part two below is from my Pastor’s heart to you:
As your Series(or maybe former series) Pastors or Chaplains I also want to offer you some food for thought below:
In our role, I would be remiss if I did not include this; but, it comes in two types;
- 1. A bit of self-analysis or reflection,
- 2. the original, live broadcast of our home church service on Palm Sunday April 5th which our very close friends Bruce & Jason along with one of our incredibly talented Worship Teams. That Worship Team includes close friends from church and our other ministry hat, Youth With A Mission (YWAM).
So, here is the reflective type:
In these days of the whole corona issue; pause, for a minute and reflect on a couple of things:
- What are the loudest voices in your head right now?
- Are they voices of fear? Or self-preservation?
- Are they voices of bitterness, frustration, or disappointment?
- What are the voices sounding like?
- What is the self-talk?
- When you are in neutral how does your mind go?
- Does your mind go toward “God is good all the time & I will praise You?”
- Or, is it just gripped by fear?
- Or what about this:
- What priorities does God want to re-arrange in my life?
- Not just right now today, but what should I carry forward from here?
- What is the eternal Word of God have to say about this?
- What would the Holy Spirit say to me right now about rearranging my priorities?
- Starting in this season but then walking forward toward Him, not just temporarily, but in a new life with Him.
- Lastly, I encourage you to get alone in a quiet place and a quiet time and pick up this passage in 1 Peter 1: 3-8 (*printed out below for you)
- Read it slowly and allow God to speak to you through that.
- What good could God be working out in the midst of these difficult circumstances?
- What good could God be after?
- Look, God can take ANYTHING and turn it around for good to those who love Him and are called to His purposes. (Romans 8:28) “2So we are convinced that every detail of our lives is continually woven together to fit into God’s perfect plan of bringing good into our lives, for we are his lovers who have been called to fulfill his designed purpose.” (GBB)
Here is that scripture from above:
1 Peter 1: 3-8: “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy He has given us new life into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can NEVER perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept secure in heaven for you, who through faith are guarded by God’s power until the coming of our full salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 May the thought of this cause you to jump for joy, and praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7 Such trials show the proven character of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire —may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 8 Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an indescribable and glorious joy…” (GBB)
The second type is our home church Sunday message copied live each week. Simply click on the link below, sit back and enjoy!
Finally, If you made it this far, Kathy and I hope this has been a blessing to you and made your day more peaceful, healthy, and enjoyable knowing that even across the miles that you are sincerely loved and appreciated,
And, as John writes in his second letter, verse 12, he writes: “I have much to write to you, but I do not want to use paper and ink. Instead, I hope to see you soon and talk with you face to face, so that our joy may be complete.” (GBB
Bob & Kathy Butcher
Motor Racing Outreach
(GBB) means the Bible version, or Gospel by Bob