August 1, 2014
“A Christian’s Job Description”
Your Job Description as a Christian…
be it whatever…a…
Racer, Church Leader, a US Citizen, or Human Being
I wrote this during our annual Staff Conference at Kathy’s and my “other ministry hat” which is YWAM or…
Youth With A Mission in 2006. I want to get this onto our website in the Chapel Services and thought it is also a great opportunity to bring it to the K&N Series since it was written for the old NASCAR Northwest Tour Chapel back in the day.
I know this takes a lot of work on your part to look all these scriptures up, however it is well worth your time investment. Got your favorite Bible App on your Smart Phone? Or go to our website for this Chapel and they are all there for you.
The Bible is VERY clear on just how anyone declaring themselves to be a Christian is to behave in all aspects of life.
We live and function in a Community,
…be it Racing, a city & town, or a Church fellowship.
Soooo …That would include us as NASCAR K&N Racers too!
Discipleship is a term used in the Bible for learning how to be like God and His Son Jesus Christ.
(Discipleship = One who learns doctrine from another and follows it and professes it upon the other’s authority. Usually it refers to Jesus’ authority.)
To be a Christian …or Disciple of Christ within the Body of Christ …or before the world around you.
• the following is how we are to relate to each other …
• and SET the EXAMPLE for others to follow:
20 Examples of a Christian’s M.O. is that they:
- Love one another
o 1 Thessalonians 4:9, 1 Peter 1:22, 1 Peter 4:8
- Bearing with one another
o Ephesians 4:2
- Have compassion for one another
o 1 Peter 3:8
- Be devoted to each other in brotherly love
o Romans 12:10
- Give preference to one another in honor
o Romans 12:10
- Accept one another
o Romans 15:7
- Serve one another
o Galatians 5:13
- **Submit to one another (see notes below)
o 1 Peter 5:5, Ephesians 5:21
- **Speak to each other in psalm, hymns, spiritual songs (see notes below)
o Ephesians 5:19
- Admonish one another
o Romans 15:14
- **Encourage one another (see notes below)
o 1 Thessalonians 3:2
- Build up one another (edify them)
o 1 Thessalonians 5:11
- stimulate one another to love and good deeds
o Hebrews 10:24
- **Confess sins to one another (see notes below)
o James 5:16
- Pray for one another
o James 5:16
- **Be hospitable to one another without complaint (see notes below)
o 1 Peter 4:9
- serve one another with spiritual gifts
o 1 Peter 4:10
- speak truth in love to one another
o Ephesians 4:25
- **Forgive one another (see notes below)
o Ephesians 4:32
- Release, Confirm, & Affirm gifts in each other
o Romans 12:4
If we claim to be Christians we are to relate to one another as the Body of Christ according to those commands above.
We all have the responsibility to pray for one another, to encourage one another, to learn & grow and to confront one another “in love” and “in truth” when needed.
If the person is not a Christian, then we are to live these out in front of them and set an example despite the outcome.
Micah 6:8 – that summarizes it all.
Micah 6:8: “The Lord has already made it plain in His Word how to live, what to do,
what God is looking for in men and women.
It’s quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor,
be compassionate and loyal in your love,
And don’t take yourself too seriously—
instead, take God seriously.
Notes for this Message:
Speaking in Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Songs…:
• Living LIFE together – Partying together
• Doing all 20 of these things printed here
• It’s your “Center Point” of inclusion of ALL these commands
Submit to one another…:
• Disarming the enemy’s plans & dreams for you by submitting beyond your OWN Personal Perceptions.
Encourage one another…:
• Our culture today is very anti-encourage
• We see so little affirmation today
Confess sins to one another…:
Our culture is becoming more & more eastern orientated.
o Losing face & respect
o We don’t want to expose our weaknesses or admit fault
o Cover your own behind at all cost
• That’s easy if it is me or some leader…
• But how about a team you just had an on track incident with?
• As far as east is from west – Psalms 103:12
• Never resurrect it and hold it up to them again
• God did that with us!
o 1 John 1:9
o Romans 5:8
o Colossians 3:12-13